By modifying the surface of the fly line with a micro-repeating structure, you can achieve surface interface properties that mimic nature such as the ability of insects to walk on water, the shedding and self-cleaning ability of Lotus leaves, or the adhesion that allows a gecko to walk up vertical surfaces. Scientific Anglers Sharkskin technology is a precise texturing process that embosses the surface of the fly linecoating with a repeating geometric micro-pattern. The finished surface is no longer smooth, no longer exhibits unwanted line flash, and can be optimized via the engineered shape, depth, and frequency of the pattern to yield greatly improved line-to-water floatation, casting performance, and overall line suppleness and durability.
• Engineered for cold water use
• Excels in mending and long range casting
• Front taper delays turnover for better long distance delivery
• Rear taper design maximizing line control
• Braided multifilamentcore, low stiffness, moderate delivery